2.27.2008

Favorite 2007 Image

This morning, as I was perusing the posts of an online professional photographer forum, I came across the thread "what's your favorite image from 2007?". So I got to thinking....and going through all the Vantage photos from the year...wow, it was tough. But I came up with my favorite.

Why this one in particular? Well, I love the juxtaposition of a beautiful, done-up bride and a street scene, particularly the young boys she's passing. The image places their lives in context and speaks to life's stages--adolescence and joining in partnership with another person, all happening at the same time for different people. And I chose it because 2007 marked the year that I tried really really hard to create more images that didn't just capture great moments, but told a story through the image. In essence, to be a true wedding photojournalist.


No comments: