12.03.2008

I'm a delinquent....

...yes, it's true. I'm a blogging delinquent. I know, I know, I've been MIA for the past week (and a half....argggh) but I have a good excuse! I call my excuse "Thanksgiving".

We were lucky enough to snag flights back to Wisconsin to visit family and even luckier to have two (yes, TWO!) Thanksgiving meals in one day. It's one of the benefits of having a partner--two family gatherings for holidays! So we stuffed ourselves silly with turkey and gravy and cranberry sauce and sweet potatoes and pecan pie (mmmmm...pecan pie...).

And, of course, we found time to honor the time-tested Caldart tradition (my mom's side of the family) of playing board games. This year it was Scattergories, one of my favorites. It's one of those games that's just perfect for creating really funny memories that usually involved poking fun at someone because of their answer. If you're not familiar with the game, in a nutshell you have to come up with words starting with a particular letter for a particular category. For example "Boy name starting with the letter F" and I would answer "Fred". Trust me, it's way funner than I just made it sound.

This year's winner for my favorite answer was given by my aunt Carolyn. The category: Famous duos and trios. The letter: P. Carolyn's answer: Pigs, Three Little. Genius!! This is especially remarkable since we still make fun of Carolyn's response in a Scattergories game we played several years ago. The category: Things you shout. The letter: M. Carolyn's answer: Music.

Music?!? Who shouts "Music"?? Apparently Carolyn does. Well, she redeemed herself this year. Congrats Carolyn. And I promise, I have my own ridiculous Scattergories answers--just ask Michael. I'm sure he'd be more than happy to fill you in on the details. :)

Happy (belated) Thanksgiving!

No comments: