12.22.2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...Fa la la la la....

Yippee!! Michael and I are leaving on a jet plane for the winter tundra (Wisconsin) tomorrow! I really do love living in San Diego...but there's something about the snow and cold during the holidays that gets a girl in the mood. I can't help but get all gooey when I think about it--the lights, the fire in the fireplace, the cozy wool socks, the smell of cookies in the oven, the sound of Frank Sinatra crooning "IIIIIIII'm dreeeeeeaming of a whiiiiiiiiite Chriiiiiistmaaaaas...." I just love it!

My friend Kira recently asked how the weather was in S.D. "It's been pretty chilly here lately, actually. I wish it would warm up a bit," I answered. "Hmm," she said. "Chilly as in 5 degrees?" "Ummm, no......." I replied, "More like upper 50s. Ok, point taken."

Yeah, according to my Google weather gadget, here's how Madison and San Diego compare...Brrrr!

So Michael and I are off to the winter tundra that is Wisconsin. Hopefully if my fingers don't fall off from frost bite, I'll be able to check in periodically while we're away.

Until then, Happy Holidays!!!!!!!

No comments: