9.04.2008

We're New Kids On The Block!!

No, we haven't quit our jobs to become the newest members of my favorite boy band. We're New Kids On The Block because WE MOVED! Michael accepted a marketing position with Intuit (Turbo Tax, Quickbooks, Quicken, etc) in San Diego, California this summer so we picked up our lives and moved clear across the country, puppy and all. We're absolutely thrilled about our new digs and the adventures that await us. The weather is fabulous, the people we've met so far are friendly and we can't wait to explore the surrounding area. Chloe is thrilled, too, because we've shacked up across the street from Balboa Park, the Central Park of San Diego. That means she gets lots of walks with her mom every morning (that's me) and there are plenty of other dogs to sniff and play with.

I'm especially excited about this move because it's allowed me a great excuse to dive in feet first and take the business FULL TIME! That's right, I'm doing this photography gig 24/7. Ok, maybe not that much...but at least 40 hours a week! :) I'm so excited about being able to pursue my passion full time, a chance that a lot of people don't get and/or take. It's been great for me and for my photography, too, since I don't have any other pesky jobs to distract me. I've already scoped out cool places for engagement sessions and have lots of ideas. I also still have a handful of weddings in Wisconsin that I'll be flying back for, so some of you will still see me from time to time. :)

I'm especially excited to be able to take one day a week to dedicate to personal projects, such as documenting, through photography, how life and the concept of family changes when someone makes the decision to go into a nursing home. I even bought my own website (www.jenaolson.com) to show off my work. But don't go there yet...all you'll see are ads from GoDaddy.com, since I've gotten about as far as buying the domain name and that's it. All good things come to those who wait though, right? :)

So a little business plug from me, in light of this big news: we're giving 10% off any package to anyone who books a wedding with us in Southern California during the months of September and October. That's right, 10% off. Tell your friends!

So consider us official Californians--we're here to stay. Yay!!

No comments: